Facility Maintenance Supervisor
Company: Sysco Corporation
Posted on: March 31, 2019
Company: Sysco Virginia
Zip Code: 22801
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow
personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a
dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds
their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working
individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you
why good things really do come from Sysco.
This is an Operations position responsible for supervising the
activities associated with the general maintenance, repair, and
appearance of the facility, outside grounds, security, power
industrial equipment technicians and third party providers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, expense
management, compliance with government regulations, ensuring safety
and security of the building, its contents and people and
management and direction to facility maintenance staff.
- Manages the daily work and safety of associates engaged in
building, grounds, sanitation, refrigeration systems, beverage
department, power industrial equipment, Material Handling Equipment
(MHE), Automation, and security.
- Manages labor hours and consumable supplies within budget.
Prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as
- Coordinates emergency response or crisis management activities,
develops and maintains liaisons with local emergency management and
other entities in order to facilitate plan development, response
effort coordination and assists Safety Manager with training
- Manages the proper selection, purchase, utilization and
inventory of Company assets in support of the facilities, beverage
department, and power industrial equipment, Material Handling
Equipment (MHE), Automation, and security departments. Coordinates
with other departments as necessary to ensure upgrades and repairs
are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Develops business relationships to ensure communication and
efficient operations with third party vendors, including but not
limited to, janitorial, pest services, security, external
contractors, facility maintenance and beverage. Maintains current
certificate of insurance and hold harmless agreements for all
- Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists
with the implementation of changes within facility maintenance,
beverage, power industrial equipment and security.
- Establishes preventative maintenance schedules for all systems,
equipment, and buildings including: ammonia refrigeration system,
HVAC Systems, fire protection and security Systems, electrical and
energy management, dock doors/dock plate systems, power industrial
equipment, , Material Handling Equipment (MHE), Automation,
building components (roof, interior & exterior floors/walls, doors,
paved surfaces and landscaping).
- Manages, assignments and monitors department projects for
quality and timely completion. Utilizes maintenance tracking
software for task management.
- Conducts audits ensuring all required inspections and
documentation are completed accurately (including but not limited
to food safety documentation, EPSM, PSM, GFSI, etc.) and retained
to ensure a minimum potential for loss.
- Maintains associate relations through regular department or
pre-shift meetings; maintains on-going interaction; keeps open
communication channels with associates by answering questions and
explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale; and
submits and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies
- Coordinates efforts with Safety department to aid in training,
conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work
methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root
causes, and routine safety inspections. Makes recommendations for
disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where
- Performs management functions of staff selection, development,
discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related
duties as needed.
- Complies with local, state and federal regulatory agencies
(i.e. OSHA, EPA, etc.) QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and / or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); five
years maintenance experience; or equivalent combination of
education and related experience. Professional Skills:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units
of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word
Processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software
- Working knowledge of ammonia and Freon systems.
- Working knowledge of environmental regulations/legislation and
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team
discussions and meetings.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely
and objective manner.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other
departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of
following established procedures, practices and comply with local,
state and federal regulations. Certificates, Licenses and
- Must possess a valid state Driver's License and provide proof
of liability coverage meeting Company standards. Complete a Sysco
approved defensive driving program.
- Level 1 Ammonia Operation Certification required, or must
obtain within 60 days of employment and pass on first try as a
condition of employment. Level 2 is preferred.
- HAZWOPER 24 hrs Training required, or must obtain within 60
days of employment and pass on first try as a condition of
- Certificate, licenses and registrations in refrigeration
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco
within 3 months. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently
required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The associate is
occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The
associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus. Working Conditions:
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
associates within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates
assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid
conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work
in confined spaces. The associate works non-traditional business
hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call.
The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other
Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs
dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.). The associate
is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and confined
spaces. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne
particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate.Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran
status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Associated topics: business, coordinator, corporate, director,
housing assistant, housing property, lead, manager ii, manager iii,
Keywords: Sysco Corporation, Harrisonburg , Facility Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!