Group Leader - Production Supervisor
Company: Tenneco Inc.
Posted on: September 12, 2018
Reporting to the Production Manager, this position is responsible for organizing & managing all production & related activities in the assigned production area. The Group Leader supervises the production team members in implementing work processes, ensuring the production proceeds smoothly. This position is also responsible for the team building, developing team leadership skills, and assessing & coaching Team Leaders and Team Members in optimizing resources in the most efficient manner consistent with standard work procedures, work instructions, quality standards, and safety parameters. In addition, the Group Leader is responsible for ensuring company policies are followed. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Environmental Health & Safety Management:
- Leads by example and reinforces safety practices while enforcing Tenneco safety policies.
- Leads the team in discovering & eliminating any hidden dangers in the production line.
- Investigates reports and communicates all accidents, injuries and/or illness and near misses. Analyzes & systematically resolves the problem & prevents its recurrence (G2). Quality Management:
- Ensures that production is organized in accordance to the related quality documents in the production line.
- Leads the implementation of quality control checks & related quality-control activities.
- Analyzes any major quality problems, & systematically resolves the problem & prevents its recurrence. Operation Management:
- Plans, coordinates, and supervises the activities of team members to meet production schedules and to hold them accountable for their performance.
- Supervises the team members in safety & standard operations, coordinating resources to handle production abnormalities promptly.
- Participates in the drafting, auditing & updating of production process documents, operating standards & other related documentation. Continuous Improvement:
- Promoter & person-in-charge of the Lean Manufacturing improvement activities.
- Be in charge of performance improvement & cost leadership plans for the line.
- Leads the team by applying continuous improvement tools to the production area.
- Champions the 5S process and ensures standards are achieved/maintained, & continue to improve. Employee Development:
- Plans & implements training of multiple skills for the team members. Provides timely and effective feedback to team members.
- Communicates frequently, ensuring stability in your team. Promptly report issues to the Area/Production Manager & the HR department if necessary.
- Develops supports and monitors activities that foster teamwork and engagement within the group.
- Interviews and approves new hiring when required. Required Skills Required ExperienceRequired Qualifications
- College (or equivalent) or higher education
- 2 or more years of production management experience.
- Must be willing to work an off-shift
- Experience with leading groups of 25+ people Preferred Qualifications
- Work experience in the automotive parts industry preferred.
- Understanding of lean production & 5S.
- Familiar in the use of MS Office software.
- Must possess knowledge to read, write, and perform basic math skills (includes basic algebra, fractions, geometry).
- Must have the ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram forms.
- Ability to operate, troubleshoot, make minor adjustments and/or perform preventive maintenance on metal bending, welding, forming, fabrication, and assembly equipment would be beneficial.
- Experience in effective use of quality control gauges/equipment, inventory systems, blueprint interpretation, computer applications, and SPC charting where applicable.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to prepare routine reports and correspondence.
- Experience leading groups of 50+ Job Location Harrisonburg, US-VA
Keywords: Tenneco Inc., Harrisonburg , Group Leader - Production Supervisor, Professions , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!