Quality Assurance Manager
Posted on: November 23, 2022
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Amber PessagnoAre you a fit? Easy
Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your
resume.Salary: $70,000 - $90,000 per yearA bit about us:The only
100% organic and humane-certified chicken company with a mission to
protect and promote generational family farms. By shifting
farm-level decision-making and chicken ownership back to farmers
and empowering them to farm the way they know is best.Why join
- Supplemental Insurance
- Production doesn't run on SundaysJob
DetailsDescriptionEssential Functions Statement(s):
- Contributes to the development and execution of product food
safety and quality programs to support the organization's goals of
operational excellence, customer/client satisfaction, financial
performance, market leadership, and preferred employee.
- Works closely with the QA-Compliance/HAACP Specialist
- Responsible for developing and on-going maintenance of the Food
- Actively provides new and on-going training of employees to
ensure the Food Safety Plan is understood and executed
- Ensures all HACCP, GMP's, sanitation preventive controls,
supply chain preventive controls, and all other prerequisite food
safety standards are met according to USDA, FSIS, FSMA, and
- Manages verification and validation procedures
- Manages Allergen Preventive Controls Program ensuring accurate
allergen labeling on finished food products and prevention of
- Ensures complete traceability of incoming raw materials and
finished product while managing lot code tracking
- Conducts regular organoleptic and shelf life evaluations of the
- Involved in all food safety audits
- Meets with vendors, customers, quality representatives, and
company personnel to discuss and resolve quality problems as
- Establishes/revises internal metrics to measure and improve the
location's quality service performance.
- Provides/coordinates training of production personnel in making
quality measurements and developing core quality competencies.
- Revises and updates the quality control manual to incorporate
statistical control programs.
- Assumes responsibility for a variety of assignments and
projects, potentially including technical support of product
specifications; private-label, external sales, export, and other
procurement and business initiatives.
- Other duties as may be assigned.Preferred Qualifications
- B.S. degree in food technology, food science, or related
curriculum and/or experience required.
- At least 4 years of directly related experience required in a
Quality Assurance/Food Safety manufacturing role.
- HACCP program development and FSMA is required
- HACCP certification, Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCQI),
and GFSI auditor certification a must
- Working knowledge of food processing and distribution
regulations, i.e. FDA and USDA/FSIS, and industry practice
- Track record of food safety/QA success in any of the following
focus areas a plus: meat, poultry, seafood, processed foods,
distribution, proprietary/private-label product development, and/or
- Must have knowledge of or familiarity with LSAS software for
- Strong data management, reporting, and technical writing
- Must have fine hand and finger dexterity.
- Must be able to climb stairs to view processes.
- Must be able to work any shift and be versatile.
- Must be willing to participate on audit team or safety
- Must comply with all safety rules and instructions, participate
in the Company training programs, and make every effort to learn,
develop, and upgrade skills required for this job
classification.WORK ENVIRONMENT: Will be required to access the
production environment. Must be able to tolerate the varying heat,
wet and chill of the plant. Hearing and eye-protective equipment
required in the production area. Required to wear hair and beard
nets in the production area.Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply
now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Harrisonburg , Quality Assurance Manager, Professions , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!