Posted on: November 18, 2022
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
We are looking for a Materials Manager. Responsible for the overall
materials function and leading the efforts of Production Control,
Shipping, Receiving, Warehouse Management and Inventory Control; to
ensure an orderly and cost-effective system is developed and
maintained which will enable production and sales goals to be met
while minimizing freight dollars and inventory days on hand. Main
objectives are to (1) Ensure on-time delivery of customer orders;
(2) Optimize personnel, equipment, freight and inventories; (3)
Acquire materials on-time; (4) Anticipate and resolve problems with
short-term containment and permanent corrective action.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are
the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent
Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will
be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves
on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of
transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Select, motivate, train and ensure development of a competent
departmental and material handling staff.
- Monitor and ensure departmental personnel conform to company
policies and procedures while maintaining a safe and cost-efficient
environment at all time.
- Be familiar with and ethically operate in accordance with
applicable laws, regulations, and governmental procedures relative
to purchasing and financial reporting activities.
- Establish, monitor and control department budget that will
effectively contribute to the overall manufacturing objectives and
plant / business unit and company goals.
- Employ techniques / methods for effective problem solving and
- Implement purchasing, production scheduling, logistics and
inventory control processes which ensures the availability of
materials for an uninterrupted flow of production in accordance
with "Just-In-Time" delivery schedules, while maintaining minimum
- Assist with the development of inventory and freight budgets
for the purpose of establishing acceptable inventory levels and
freight spend upon which performance can be measured and operating
- Manage the most economical inbound / outbound transportation
routes, looking for opportunities to combine shipments, milk runs,
and warehouse consolidation and distribution.
- Assist with coordination of engineering changes, product
balance outs and new product launches with suppliers and customers,
to insure orderly and timely transition in the flow of materials
and production requirements while managing material with minimal to
- Utilize Supplier Standards Manual and State of Work to improve
the capability of suppliers while maintaining the flow of raw
materials necessary to produce the finished product.
- Assists Plant Engineering and Plant Quality as required in
resolving the disposition of substandard or rejected
- Responsible for the warehouse and material replenishment to
production and establishing optimum stores locations, methods for
handling (conveyance), proximity, and visual management.
- Determine and maintain appropriate material handling equipment
and staffing levels required to load, unload, move and store
Education: Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) or equivalent in Supply Chain
Management, Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Operations
Skills & Experience:
- 8 to 10 years of applicable materials management experience; 5
to 7 years of formal management / leadership experience
- Automotive Manufacturing experience / JIT Assembly / Processing
(stamping, steel forming)
- ASCM / APICS (American Production and Inventory Control
Society) CPIM certification
- Aftermarket / Sales, Inventory, Operations Planning
- Applied lean manufacturing techniques including value stream
mapping, leveling demand, Kanban calculations and techniques
- Experience with supply chain analytics and visibility
- Applied logistics routing solutions including milk runs,
consolidation, and running ratios
- Materials / Supply Chain Transformation experience
- Trained in Six Sigma methodology
- Experience with ERP SAP technology
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Nearest Major Market: Harrisonburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia
Keywords: Tenneco, Harrisonburg , Materials Manager, Professions , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!