Business Intelligence Analyst
Company: Norfolk & Dedham Group
Posted on: June 22, 2022
At The N&D Group, we have been covering local homeowners,
drivers, and businesses with personalized insurance policies since
1825. As a locally grown insurance company, we know the region,
know the risks, and know the right coverage. Under the supervision
of the Director, Reporting and Analytics, the Business Intelligence
Analyst will help lead the development and management of effective
business intelligence reporting from our Harrisonburg, Virginia
office. The BI platform will deliver valuable information in a
manner that facilitates productive decision-making for the
- Work with business users to determine business requirements,
priorities, define key performance indicators (KPI), and develop BI
and data reporting solutions. This includes working with business
and development teams to design, and document dashboards, alerts,
- Manage, track, and develop reporting solutions for data calls
and statistical reporting.
- Partner with BI Developer and IT administrators to maintain,
configure, and document processes of SAP BO BI and Power BI
- Research, develop, and update data sources as well database
objects needed to support reporting.
- Develop system specifications, provide testing feedback and
support the implementation process for special projects.
- Troubleshoot reporting solutions if needed.
- Manage reporting requests using common data tools such as SAP
BO BI, Power BI, MS Excel, and SQL.
- Works with business partners to create reports and dashboards
drawing data from various internal and external data sources.
- Partner with end users to understand their experience and
- Educate and train business partners to use the data as an
analytical tool, displaying the information in new forms and
content for analysis and optional exploration.
- Works effectively across the organization to proactively
investigate and understand internal business trends.
- Based on analysis, provides key insights and recommendations to
shape go-forward business strategies for Product and Underwriting
- Builds and maintains common monthly and quarterly reports.
Delivers reports according to published timeframes. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, business
analytics, or other quantitative field
- One year of relevant and progressive work experience with focus
on analytics and reporting
- Advanced SQL programming skills
- Experience with data visualization & reporting tools (Power BI,
DAX programming, SAP BO BI Crystal and Webi suit) is desired.
- Strong attention to detail with advanced analytical and
- Broad proficiency in Excel.
- Experience creating systems or processes to help analyze data
and monitor key aspects of the business.
- Experience gathering and translating user requirements into end
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and
maintain effective working relationships with internal and external
people in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as
proven ability to effectively present technical concepts to
non-technical individuals within and outside the organization.
- Ability to work well in the team and handle multiple
- Skills to maintain a professional and customer focused
Keywords: Norfolk & Dedham Group, Harrisonburg , Business Intelligence Analyst, Professions , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!