Chief Medical Officer
Posted on: June 21, 2019
Reston Hospital CenterReston, VA
23225https://restonhospital.com/Size of Hospital:?199-beds
Hospital Overview:Conveniently located in the vibrant heart of town
at the Reston Town Center, our expanding, full-service 223-bed
acute care medical and surgical hospital serves residents in the
growing Northern Virginia region that incorporates western Fairfax
and eastern Loudoun counties. A caring organization, Reston
Hospital Center enhances the health and quality of life across our
region.First opening our doors on November 10, 1986, Reston has
been integral in the care of northern Virginians ever since with a
quality of care philosophy to strive for clinical excellence and
make patient safety our top priority. In 2001, we began a major
expansion project that added the West Wing, a five-story facility
featuring 60 additional licensed beds for The Family Center;
critical care, progressive care, medical/oncology and surgical
units; an endoscopy suite; expanded emergency and radiology
departments; enlarged ancillary areas for medical records and
dietary services; the Parkway Medical Tower housing an
ambulatory/outpatient surgery center and medical offices and a
parking garage with more than 1,000 new spaces. Reston is dedicated
to providing the latest medical advancements and modernized care
facilities to the continually growing population of Northern
Virginia.Position Summary:The Facility?Chief Medical Officer?leads
clinical and quality initiatives that support the provision of
consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the
hospital; facilitates the analysis of quality performance and
prioritization improvement opportunities; provides senior level
leadership to the infection control, risk management, safety, and
medical staff credentialing functions ensuring the collaboration
and coordination of all stakeholders in these processes; and
consults on an array of issues involving physicians.Major
- Promotes Physician Alignment between HCA-Affiliated Physicians
and HCA Hospital and Corporate Leadership by:
- Leading clinical performance expectations that support the
goals of consistent clinical performance and practice standards
across the facility to ensure superior clinical outcomes and
unparalleled patient experience.
- Working with Hospital Chief Medical Officers, Chief Executive
Officers, Medical Staffs, and Boards of Directors, to improve the
functionality and effectiveness of the hospital medical staff
- Partnering and collaborating with medical staffs and hospital
management teams, facilitating teamwork and shared goals.?
Representing medical staff viewpoints to management and relaying
management viewpoints to medical staff by establishing and
maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between HCA
leadership and community and/or employed physicians.
- Provides clinical support and consultation regarding cost
effective clinical resource management in the facilities by sharing
of reports and recommendations regarding how to reduce the variable
cost per case while maintaining and enhancing clinical
- Creating an environment of quality and cost improvement that is
data driven and develops systems to review utilization of resources
and objectively measure outcomes of care in the inpatient and
- Serving as a direct liaison between HCA affiliated physicians
and facility, and corporate clinical services functions.
- Establishing and maintaining an ongoing program to orient and
develop management expertise for Hospital Chiefs of Staff, Medical
Executive Committees, and other medical staff leaders by providing
oversight and leadership for all medical education programs.
- Leading educational sessions and providing ongoing in service
to facility medical staff regarding clinical resource management,
appropriate documents standards, utilization and quality issues,
and quality improvement activities in collaboration with the chief
of staff or other clinical leadership in the facility.
- Assembling regional physician advisory panels to provide
ongoing feedback to HCA senior management and serves as a liaison
between these committees and facility, and corporate leadership as
well as to the affiliated physicians.
- Serving as spokesperson to HCA hospitals and affiliated
physicians to explain and obtain buy in for, corporate, group, and
facility, sponsored clinical initiatives.
- Collaborating on a day to day basis with other facility and
corporate Chief Medical Officers.
- Educating physicians on HCA clinical technologies.
- Collaborating with HPG and Supply Chain on formulary and supply
opportunities.?Education & Experience:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO),
- Master's degree? in business or related field, Preferred
- 10+ years of experience in clinical practice, Preferred
- Experience as a CMO (or equivalent) in a large, complex
hospital or regional health system, Required
- Additional education and coursework in management and business,
PreferredLicenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Board Certified Physician, Required
- State medical board licensed, RequiredReston Hospital
CenterReston, VA 23225https://restonhospital.com/Size of
Keywords: HCA, Harrisonburg , Chief Medical Officer, Other , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!