Company: Excel Fitness
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Reports to: General Manager (GM)/ Assistant Manager (AM)
Purpose: The Custodian will be responsible for the overall
cleanliness of all areas of the facility to ensure a positive
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize restrooms, locker room areas,
shower rooms, stall walls and doors, and all waste areas. This
includes around sink and vanity areas and mirrors.
- Inspect and clean all windows and window frames, both interior
- Detail clean all baseboards, wall trim, walls and handrails
throughout the facility. Must ensure that all surfaces are free of
handprints, scuff marks and dust.
- All air vents, TV's, PF signage, storage or glass doors and
light fixtures must be dusted and cleaned.
- Trash from all waste areas must be removed or "pushed
- All rubber or tile flooring must be vacuumed throughout gym
floor, including auxiliary rooms and under gym equipment.
- All rubber or tile flooring must be floor scrubbed or mopped
throughout gym floor, including auxiliary rooms and under gym
- All storage rooms must remain clean, organized and product
properly arranged on shelving racks. All loose boxes and trash must
- Assist club management with inventory of cleaning products,
provide feedback on usage and requested volume.
- Responsible for educating and training part-time cleaners to
exceed at job responsibilities and performance. Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Custodial experience is preferred.
- Must demonstrate excellent attendance and punctuality
- Honesty and humble work ethics.
- Great communication skills with internal and external
- Must be team oriented, motivated and well organized.
- Ability to think critically and evaluate solutions to problems
proactively Benefits & Perks:
- Make payday any day by taking advantage of our financial
wellness benefit, MyFlexPay
- Every Team Player receives a FREE Planet Fitness Black Card
- Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) gives you free and
confidential access to counseling resources
- PLUS - Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Parental Leave, and Health
Insurance Benefits are offered to all eligible Team Players Other
- Supervisory Responsibility: This position may oversee up to 1
employee during assigned work shift. Will ensure team can
adequately exhibit and maintain all Excel values, principles, and
duties, as well as meets established club performance metrics and
- Work Environment: This job operates in a fitness club
environment and routinely uses standard custodial equipment such as
cleaning chemicals, floor scrubbers and vacuums. The noise level in
the club environment may be loud on a regular basis. Will be
required to operate in lavatory areas.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and
reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to
sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee
must frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift
and move objects up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
focus. Will frequently encounter toxic chemicals, dust and
- Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time,
non-exempt position. A non-exempt employee is one who is entitled
to the minimum wage and/or overtime pay protections of the FLSA.
Days and hours of work can be expected to be between 32-40 hours a
week. Depending on which club schedule the shift will typically be
a weekday morning shift between the hours of 7am to 7pm. This
position may work outside of normal business hours to include
evenings and weekends as needed. These hours are subject to change
at any time dependent on business needs.
- EEO Statement: Excel Fitness is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity in
recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other employment
- Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed
to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties
or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Keywords: Excel Fitness, Harrisonburg , Custodian, Other , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...