Camper Services Attendant, Loft Mountain Campstore
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: March 18, 2023
The Opportunity Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring
seasonal Camper Services Attendants to join our team at Loft
Mountain in Shenandoah National Park, Virginia. The Camper Services
Attendant contributes to creating an excellent guest experience by
stocking and selling firewood, grocery and retail merchandise, and
maintaining and cleaning the Campstore's shower, laundry and
restroom facilities. Minimum pay rate: $12.15 / hourInformation on
our comprehensive benefits package can be found at .We care about
our team member's personal and professional well-being. Delaware
North provides a benefits package designed to give you the comfort,
safety, and security you need to deliver exceptional experiences
for our guests. All team members receive benefits including:
- Weekly pay
- Employee assistance program
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Flexible work schedulesEligible team members may also receive:
health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match,
paid vacation days and holidays, paid parental bonding leave, and
tuition and/or professional certification reimbursement.
- Greets and acknowledges guests, answers guests' questions and
assists them whenever possible.
- Processes sale with appropriate point of sale system, accepts
payment, counts change and bags merchandise.
- Exchanges merchandise for guests and processes returns, with
approval of supervisor.
- Maintains records related to sales.
- Ensures that all merchandise is correctly labeled and
- Verifies amount of bank at beginning and the end of each shift.
Completes all close-out paperwork
- Maintains a clean and organized store or stand.
- Maintains orderly back-stock and knows where goods are to be
- Sets aside and notifies General Manager of defective,
mis-marked, mislabeled, incorrectly priced, shopworn or damaged
- Watches for and recognizes security risks and thefts and
reports to security and management. Qualifications
- Previous experience in cash handling required.
- Previous experience with operating point-of-sale systems
- Previous experience in retail or customer service environment
- Good communication skills; ability to communicate with guests
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle money and count
- Capable of following job guidelines and supervisors'
instructions. Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for the entire length of shift.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs frequently.
- Bending, reaching, and climbing on a step stool.
- Visual acuity is sufficient to see and distinguish merchandise
and operate a point-of-sale system.
- The majority of time is spent in the indoor, climate-controlled
environments of retail stores.
- May also be exposed to a partially sheltered outdoor
environment subject to climate fluctuations. Who We Are Shenandoah
National Park offers over 200,000 acres of protected lands with
lots to explore including cascading waterfalls, spectacular vistas,
and quiet wooded hollows. It's a great place to hike, camp, bike,
fish, take photographs or go canoeing. We offer on-site housing and
a free meal during every shift. At Delaware North, you'll love
where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds.
Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks,
iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where
your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great
work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth.
If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen -
share our vision and grow with us.Delaware North Companies,
Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all
positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender,
national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual
orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North
is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Delaware North, Harrisonburg , Camper Services Attendant, Loft Mountain Campstore, Other , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...