Posted on: January 23, 2023
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.Job DescriptionAbout BioLife Plasma
ServicesEvery day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do
helps improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. While you
focus on our donors, we'll support you. We offer a purpose you can
believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career
growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced,
friendly environment. BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd. OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE Responsible
for the general supervision of employees assigned to the production
areas. Is able to perform all technical tasks required within the
production areas. Provides assistance to management to achieve
business goals.All listed duties must comply with federal, state,
local and company-specific regulations related to quality of
product, employee and donor safety and to the proper performance of
day-to-day activities. ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Operations Lead (70%)
- Ensures that all center employees comply with all federal,
state, local and company-specific rules, regulations, and practices
related to quality, to the safety of products, donors, and
employees and to the proper performance of day-to-day
- Effectively schedules employee hours to meet the needs of the
- Understands Inventory Control and general accounting concepts
to maintain good inventory practices within the center.
- Effectively manages the production areas, motivates and
encourages employees to meet their performance goals, and comply
with company quality standards and procedures.
- Addresses donor and employee concerns in a timely manner.
- Properly documents and counsels employees on non-conforming
events, working with management to determine root cause.
- Perform all non-core area tasks, and those limited to CS and
- Maintain qualifications and perform all duties (core and
elective) for Medical History, Phlebotomy, and Sample Processing
- People development (30%):
- Provides regular feedback to employees and management regarding
center and employee performance.
- Ensures that employees are committed to customer service
- Fosters teamwork. Works collaboratively with staff, peers, and
management to achieve business goals. Communicates continuously and
resolves conflicts proactively.
- Participates in the employment application pre-screening and
interviewing process for center staff.
- Initiates employee disciplinary action in accordance with
company policies and procedures, as necessary. DIMENSIONS AND
ASPECTS Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Good verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated technical competence
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work
areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional
- Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
and to maintain complete and accurate records.
- Requires obtaining and maintaining Cardiopulmonary
Resuscitation (CPR) and AED certification.Leadership
- Putting the patient at the center
- Building trust with society
- Reinforcing our reputation
- Developing the businessDecision-making and Autonomy
- Refers to management team for escalated donor/employee concerns
- Refers to Center Manager for guidance decisions (internal)
- Advises and counsels hourly staff on operational, safety, and
customer service concerns. (internal)Interaction
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to
donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
- Attend staff meetings and other team meetings as required.
- Good verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work as a team player.Innovation
- Coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem
solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an
exceptional customer experience.
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational
opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to
center processes as needed, through use of company approved
procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping
- Requires frequent leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, and
reaching above the shoulders and below the knee. Requires frequent
lifting up to 32 pounds, and occasional lifting up to 50
- Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and
ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
- Production environment requiring the ability to walk and stand
for the entire work shift.
- Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level
1), 90% of production-based work tasks require pro-longed glove
wear. EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS: Essential:
High School Diploma or equivalent requiredDesired:
- Experience in a laboratory, hospital, or other regulated
environment is a plus.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree desirable. ADDITIONAL
- FLSA Classification (US) - Non-Exempt
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.EEO Statement
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationsUSA - VA - HarrisonburgWorker TypeEmployeeWorker
Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Keywords: Takeda, Harrisonburg , Center Supervisor, Other , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!