Convenience Store Associate (Part-Time)
Company: Southern States Cooperative, Inc.
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Convenience Store Associate (Part-Time)10275Rockingham Petro
Coop Inc - Br-24345Customer ServicePart-timeSeasonal
The Convenience Store Associate is a part-time position that will
perform cashiering, customer service, light housekeeping and
general stocking for the convenience store.
Essential Job Functions
* Greets customers in a welcoming and professional manner. Utilizes
customer-focused interpersonal skills which include, but is not
limited to, smiling, making eye contact, providing undivided
attention, assisting customers in locating items, acknowledging
they will be assisted soon if waiting for another transaction and
thanking each one for their business.
* Complies with federal and state laws by requesting personal
identification from customers who are purchasing any type of
tobacco product which includes nicotine vapor products or
alternative nicotine products. Must adhere to the Virginia
Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control law by refusing to sell
these items to anyone who is under 18 years of age.
* Turns gas pumps on and off.
* Keeps coffee area clean. Stocks cups, lids, straws, coffee mixers
and creamers. Brews coffee and refills coffee thermals. Ensures hot
food is kept at the appropriate temperature and that units are
turned off at night. Works safely as to not cause harm to self,
customers, co-workers, equipment or inventory.
* Processes checkout transactions utilizing cash registers and
credit/debit card terminals. Accurately handles cash and makes
change. Maintains proper cash levels in register drawer. Bags items
for customers. Refills register paper.
* Replenishes merchandise and faces products on shelves to ensure a
neat and professional presentation according to store procedures.
Identifies expiration codes on food items and notifies the Lead
Customer Service Associate and/or management.
* Monitors entrances and exits in an effort to promote store
safety, security and to minimize merchandise loss. Escalates
security concerns to store leadership.
* Performs daily housekeeping duties according to procedures to
ensure a neat, clean and welcoming environment. This includes, but
is not limited to, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, taking out the
trash and dusting.
* Assists the Lead Customer Service Associate and/or management as
* Performs all other job functions as assigned.
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred but not
Experience: Previous work experience in a convenience store or
retail setting is preferred but not required.
* Requires effective communication skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Mathematical aptitude
* Ability to operate cash register and debit/credit card
* Ability to work defined work schedule and to report to work on
time is required
* Reliable transportation
* Inside working conditions. Handling of hot food items and
Physical Activities & Requirements
While performing the essential job functions of this position, the
following is required:
* Continuously stand, walk, bend, reach, finger and handle, use
hands in repetitive motion, utilize eye/hand coordination
* Frequently turn and twist head/neck and back/waist
* Occasionally pull, push, lift, carry up to 25 pounds
Must be able to hear and speak to customers in a courteous,
Tools & Equipment
Phone, Cash Register, Credit/Debit Machine, Mop, Broom, step
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against
based on their race, gender, disability, veteran status, or other
Keywords: Southern States Cooperative, Inc., Harrisonburg , Convenience Store Associate (Part-Time), Other , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!