Program Specialist - Memory Care Independent Living
Company: Virginia Mennonite Retirement Community, Inc.
Posted on: September 19, 2022
VMRC strives to live and work as a community. Our mission is to
create a welcoming and inclusive environment that reflects the
diversity of Harrisonburg/Rockingham County in race, ethnicity, and
We are committed to maintaining a culture that embraces and values
the views and opinions of "all" people regardless of race, color,
ethnicity, and gender. Our commitment to achieving this goal will
help to bring our mission and values to life .
This position is responsible for creating, coordinating and
facilitating therapeutic activities for residents in Memory Care
neighborhoods in Crestwood Assisted Living as well as serving in
various roles in Independent Living programming including project
and event oversight. Provides resident engagement using one-on-one
interactions, intergenerational programming and industry best
practices in developing monthly calendars. Works collaboratively
with members of the Wellness and Community Based Services team.
Ensures that all responsibilities are delivered in compliance with
all state standards and regulations for Assisted Living Facilities
and for CCRC's.
RATE OF PAY:
The starting base rate of pay for a Program Specialist is $15.45 -
$20.30 per hour, based upon previous experiences and
- Eligible for benefits on date of hire!
- Competitive benefit packet includes: medical insurance, dental
insurance, vision insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with company
match of up to 5% after 1 year employment, generous Personal Time
Off, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, opportunity to
earn free membership to on-site Wellness Center, Life Insurance,
Flexible Spending Account, and more!
- 50% off employee meals in VMRC's Caf
You would be the perfect candidate for this position if you possess
most, or all of the following qualifications:
- Associate's Degree (Bachelor's degree preferred) or at least
two years' experience facilitating and coordinating programs for
older adults in a supportive environment.
- Experience and/or a strong desire to work with residents who
have dementia, physical limitations and able-bodied senior
- Ability to effectively work with leadership, the Wellness and
Community Based Services team, staff, residents, volunteers and
- Ensures activity program complies with state and federal
- Computer experience with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
(Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written
- Performs duties listed in the job description with limited
- Self-motivated, able to schedule time wisely and accommodate
- Must exhibit a positive attitude, professionalism and the
ability to engage with a drivers group of stakeholders.
- Have a current Virginia Driver's license, in good
- First-Aid and CPR certification (or willing to obtain
certification within 90 days of employment).
- Candidate must be willing to participate in continuing
education and professional development opportunities.
- Fluency in a second language is a plus.
$15.45 - $20.30 per hour
Keywords: Virginia Mennonite Retirement Community, Inc., Harrisonburg , Program Specialist - Memory Care Independent Living, Other , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!