Trade Compliance Specialist
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Arconic is seeking a Trade Compliance Specialist for the North
American (NA) division of Building & Construction Systems (BCS).
The position is based in Harrisonburg, VA (relocation is provided).
Reporting to the Trade Compliance Manager, this position plays a
critical role ensuring that NA businesses comply with all import
and export requirements. The ideal candidate will be able to
collaborate across functions to drive efficient and compliant
import and export activity.
The Trade Compliance Specialist will work with four different NA
legal entities, each with its own products and trade requirements,
to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and internal
The position also provides an opportunity to optimize import/export
processes and achieve savings through problem-solving and
collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
* Prepare export and import documentation for all goods, services,
and technologies for all locations within the BCS NA legal entities
in Canada and the United States. This includes: Kawneer Canada Co.,
Kawneer Inc., Kawneer Commercial Windows LLC (Cranberry, PA) and
Arconic Architectural Products LLC (Eastman, GA).
* Represent the division in dealings with customers and suppliers
on export and import matters.
* Maintain the division's EXIM transaction logs.
* Run weekly reports to anticipate and prepare for upcoming export
and import transactions.
* Monitor and maintain USMCA (formerly NAFTA) information and
* Monitor announced changes in governmental, regulatory agency, and
corporate policies to help ensure the division remains
* Support the completion of the annual Trade Compliance ASAT for
* Classify and administer all division products and/or supplier
items as defined by the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) and
* Conduct due diligence screenings in accordance with Export
Administration Regulations (EAR) and Canadian regulations.
* Assist with maintaining Denied Party Screening program.
* Coordinate transactions with Arconic's International
* Serve as account administrator for US Customs and Border
Protection's ACE System, including bond management and account
* Work with Arconic's Corporate Trade Compliance Team on
Arconic-wide trade initiatives.
* The principal challenge of this position is to act as a resource
to all BCS NA locations for issuing and auditing exports and
* This position will assist the EXIM Trade Compliance Manager in
implementation of trade compliance plans.
* This position will backfill the EXIM Trade Compliance Manager in
all functions during absences
Essential Knowledge and Skills
* Strong communication and organizational skills
* Understanding of the business context in which export and import
* Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite, especially
* Ability to manage a project or activity with minimal
* Detailed orientated with organizational skills
* Holds a bachelor's degree and has 2 years of experience with
* Holds a High School Diploma/GED and has 5 years of experience
with import/export activity.
* Holds a Customs Specialist certification OR has an interest in
obtaining the certification.
* Experience with multi-national corporations
* Experience in the building & construction market
* Working knowledge of JD Edwards or Oracle
* Knowledge and working understanding of U.S. and/or Canada export
and import rules and regulations, including CBP Trade Remedy
* Experience with product classification, free trade agreements and
qualifying goods, and customs documentation.
* Experience with Customs Border Protection's (CBP) ACE portal
Arconic Corporation (NYSE: ARNC), a Fortune 500 company, is a
leading provider of aluminum sheet, plate and extrusions, as well
as innovative architectural products, that advance the automotive,
aerospace, commercial transportation, industrial and building and
construction markets. Building on more than a century of
innovation, Arconic helps to transform the way we fly, drive, and
build. We are proud that 77% of our employees are happy working for
Arconic and would recommend it as a great place to work and that
80% of our employees would recommend their managers to others.
We live our core values and commit to delivering sustainable value
to our customers, our employees, our communities and our
At Arconic, we:
Act With Integrity.
We lead with respect, honesty, transparency and accountability.
Safeguard our Future.
We protect and improve the health and safety of our employees,
communities and environment.
Grow Stronger Together.
We cultivate an inclusive and diverse culture that advocates for
Earn Customer Loyalty.
We build customer partnerships through best-in-class products and
Drive Operational Excellence.
We pursue continuous improvement through innovation, agility,
people development and collaboration.
We achieve success by generating and growing value for our
Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment
opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion,
conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored
training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and
recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers,
discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all
employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or
age (within statutory limits). Arconic is in compliance with all
relevant Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws
Keywords: Arconic, Harrisonburg , Trade Compliance Specialist, Other , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!