Trade Compliance Specialist
Company: Kawneer Company, Inc.
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Arconic is currently in search of Trade Compliance Specialist to
join our Kawneer Business in Harrisonburg, VA.
This position, reporting to the US Trade Compliance Manager, plays
a critical role ensuring that US businesses comply with all import
and export requirements. The ideal candidate will be able to
collaborate across functions to drive efficient and compliant
import and export activity.
The Trade Compliance Specialist will work with three different US
legal entities, each with its own products and trade requirements,
to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies.
The candidate is expected to have the desire and potential for
The position also provides an opportunity, working with the Trade
Compliance Manager, to optimize import/export processes and achieve
savings through problem-solving and collaboration with multiple
stakeholders. Primary Responsibilities
- Prepare export and import documentation for all goods, services
and technologies for all locations within the BCS US legal
entities: Kawneer Inc., Kawneer Commercial Windows LLC (Cranberry)
and Arconic Architectural Products LLC (Eastman).
- Represent BCS US in dealings with customers and suppliers on
export and import matters.
- Maintain the BCS US EXIM transaction logs.
- Run weekly reports to anticipate and prepare for upcoming
export and import transactions.
- Monitor and maintain USMCA (formerly NAFTA) information and
- Monitor announced changes in governmental, regulatory agency
and corporate policies to help ensure BCS US remains
- Support the completion of the annual Trade Compliance ASAT for
- Classify and administer all BCS US products and/or supplier
items as defined by the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) and
- Coordinate transactions with Arconic's International
- Serve as primary account administrator for US Customs and
Border Protection's ACE System, including bond management and
- Work with Arconic's Corporate Trade Compliance Team on
Arconic-wide trade initiatives.Key Challenges
- The principal challenge of this position is to act as a
resource to all BCS US locations for issuing and auditing exports
- This position will assist the EXIM Trade Compliance Manager in
implementation of trade compliance plans.
- This position will backfill the EXIM Trade Compliance Manager
in all functions during absencesEssential Knowledge and Skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Understanding of the business context in which export and
import transactions occur
- Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite, especially
- Ability to manage a project or activity with minimal
- Detailed orientated with organizational skillsMajor Customers
- All departments and/or personnel that have any contact with the
- Auditors (Internal/External and Government)
Keywords: Kawneer Company, Inc., Harrisonburg , Trade Compliance Specialist, Other , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!