Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: September 14, 2021
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
• Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all
associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held
religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Responsible for maintaining high quality standards of kitchen
operation, including assisting with all food preparation and
plating of food.
- Prepares meals from standardized recipes in accordance with the
menu and ensures proper preparation, portioning, and serving of
foods in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Assumes responsibility for total kitchen operations and handles
all situations in the kitchen according to policy. Oversees proper
food handling and utilization of all foods to prevent
contamination, increase quality, and reduce cost.
- Sets up food service line and workstations with needed
condiments and ensures all required condiments and garnishes are
prepared and served with appropriate foods.
- Assists in coordinating prep for the following day's menu.
- Assists in training new kitchen employees.
- Assists in ordering food and kitchen supplies.
- Assists in creating menus.
- Assists in execution of special events and functions.
- Fills in for the Sous Chef when absent and may be required to
supervise other staff positions.
- Responds to community issues or concerns that may occur in the
- Keeps stock rooms, coolers, and freezers clean. Ensures that
food supplies are rotated and all perishables are labeled, dated
and stored properly.
- Maintains kitchen cleanliness and proper food preparation
according to state and local health department code requirements
and departmental procedures.
- Keeps food waste to a minimum by utilizing food storage and
food recycling techniques.
This job description represents an overview of the
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of
. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Harrisonburg , Cook, Lead, Other , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!