Starting hourly pay is between $14.20 and $15.00/hour depending
This position will be responsible for assisting the Pressman in
operating and maintaining the printing press efficiently, safely
Primary Responsibilities are, but not limited to the
- Ability to read and interpret job jacket information on upcoming
jobs on production schedule.
- Responsible for locating sheeted board and comparing label on
skid with job jacked to ensure correct material.
- Operates pallet jack to move skids from raw material warehouse to
- Loads skids of sheeted board on press conveyer and maintains
conveyer during entire production run.
- Responds to Pressman with any special request during press make
ready, monitors press feed during press runs.
- Responsible for filling all press chemicals, loading inks,
putting away inks when done with job and refilling process inks on
press shelf when needed.
- Understand the importance of environmental responsibilities and
proper disposal of press waste.
- Responsible for ensuring all used rags are disposed of in rag bin
and that the lid remain closed
- Removes any full AQ/Fountain solution flush water drums from
press to Non-Hazardous waste staging area.
- Ensures that any new drum used to collect waste at the press are
- Responsible for cleaning ink knives, cleaning ink fountains,
cleaning water buckets, cleaning any coater spills, cleaning washer
blades and keeping the press area in a clean state, as well as
emptying all garbage bins in press area.
- Responsible for picking up used rags and gloves in press area,
changing rag bag when full and maintaining stack of clean rags for
use on the press.
- Assists the pressman in any maintenance of the press.
- Follows all company safety requirements
- Comply with all company rules and regulations
- Performs other duties as required to achieve the overall goals
and objectives of the Company.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications
for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on
an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or
sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity,
genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any
other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here
to view the EEO is the Law Poster. Please apply at
Shift start: 7:00AM or 3:00PM or 11:00PM
Shift length: 8 - 12 hours
Monday - Friday, occasional weekends required
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 60 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
At one year of professional working experience, preferred in a
manufacturing environment Mechanical aptitude
- Must pass drug screen
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
About Graphic Packaging International
Graphic Packaging International is committed to providing
consumer packaging that makes a world of difference. Headquartered
in Atlanta, Georgia, they are a leading global provider of
paper-based packaging solutions for a wide variety of products for
food, beverage, foodservice and other consumer products companies.
They strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in their
industry and in the communities where they operate. Graphic
Packaging has approximately 17,000 employees working in more than
60 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific
Rim. They are committed to workplace diversity and offer
compensation and benefits programs that are among the best in the
industry to reward the talented people who make their company