Field Service Technician - Harrisonburg
Company: Eastman Kodak Company
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Kodak is Hiring!
We are looking for an experienced Field Service Technician to help
us grow in the Harrisonburg Virginia area.
As a Field Service Technician you will be responsible for on-site
installing, maintaining, and repairing of Kodak, and multi-vendor
systems, which may include hardware, software and networking
products, including operating systems to required standards
outlined in training, SOPs and product support updates. Works to
maintain all equipment in optimal working order, efficiency and
condition to ensure customer is meeting, or exceeding, product
uptime expectations. Enhances customer satisfaction by
communicating all service engagements, resolutions, training
engagement, preventive maintenance and configurations, which may
impact product performance to proper customer contact prior to
leaving each service engagement. Effectively manages assigned
customer/territory, including immediate engagement, proper customer
communication, needed escalations, required follow up and
identification of potential sales leads.
The Field Engineer is responsible for installation and optimizing
HW/SW/Network products and configurations at customer sites as well
as diagnosing and optimizing product performance. Ensures customer
satisfaction by advising customers on preventive maintenance, value
of Equipment Maintenance Agreements (EMA), support services,
training and configurations that will improve product
Responsible for overall territory management including related
administration pertaining to customer calls, timely completion of
service reports, expense reports and weekly time reports, as well
as the tracking of preventive maintenance and upgrade requirements
for assigned customers.
- Performs necessary servicing and preventative maintenance of
- System installation, maintenance and ongoing support of
- Provides operator training and ongoing support for
- Ability to delight customers by developing strong relationships
and striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Acts as customer liaison to relentlessly drive customer issues
- Drives revenue growth initiatives as assigned by
- Builds and fosters strong relationships with sales
- Educates customers on the latest corporate initiatives and
- Informs management of issues effecting personal/product
performance, job duties and SOP while offering suggested
improvements and innovation to enhance our service
- Maintains company assets in accordance with company
- Effectively enters all needed information and engagements into
the designated service system and/or form requirements
- Consistently meets all performance goals.
- Presents and always maintains a professional image.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to learn, retain and apply new technologies, complex
products and technical/industrial subjects.
- A working knowledge of PC operating systems and software
applications and a basic understanding of networking
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose, repair and solve
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and application of electronics and strong
- Makes sound business decisions and manages/controls personal
- Ability to market service and promote new business
- Effective use of business tools.
- Capable of working independently without direct
- Readiness to accept and adapt quickly to change.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including patience, courtesy,
tact, and discretion.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment while maintain and
promoting a calm engagement with customers
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- High degree of self-motivation.
- Exhibits Kodak Core Values.
- Planning, organizational, and administrative abilities.
- Motivated to continuous self-improvement.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:Required
- A+ Certification or equivalent experience servicing PC hardware
- Associates Degree, or Certification in electrical or mechanical
engineering, technical trade school studies or equivalent
- Three or more years related field service experience.
- Previous experience servicing similar equipment
- Previous experience managing a territory
- Experience in the Graphic Arts industry would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Electro-photography / Digital Printing.
- Basic understanding of Color Theory.
- Solid understanding of electro-mechanical devices and complex
electro-optic and robotic high-tech equipment.
The environment in which the FE services may be a high
availability/mission critical account where system outages may
occur. The individual proactively responds to potential equipment
issues to prevent unplanned interruption of customers'
The FE may be required to provide on-call, after hours support or
work different shifts based on company need. This may include
nights, weekends and holidays. The individual may also be required
to take calls outside of their assigned territory or District.
- Must be willing to travel (possibly internationally) for short-
and long-term assignments, as required.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license, passport and
other designated information.
- Ability to obtain security clearance as required by customers
(ex. ability to be bonded in Canada)
Keywords: Eastman Kodak Company, Harrisonburg , Field Service Technician - Harrisonburg, IT / Software / Systems , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!