Warehouse Associate & Material Delivery Driver
Company: Glass & Metals, Inc.
Posted on: August 30, 2019
SUMMARY: Receives, stores, and distributes material, tools,
equipment, and products within the company warehouses. Delivers
materials to jobsites. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS including but not
- Assist shipping and receiving, and unloading trucks.
- Moving materials and items from receiving or storage areas to
other designated areas.
- Sorting and placing materials or items on racks, shelves, or
Project Managers storage locker according to predetermined sequence
such as size, type, style, color, or job.
- Delivery of Materials to Jobsites.
- Must be able to drive Pickup Truck (F250/F350 style) w/ 32ft
- Must be able to drive Box Style Truck for deliveries.
- No CDL required
- Ensuring warehouse is accessible and safe for traffic.
- Marking materials with identifying information using
- Assisting in counting of physical inventory.
- Operating forklifts and company trucks.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Sweeping, dusting, and mopping.
- Organizing warehouse and work area for orderliness at all
- Wearing the proper safety equipment. QUALIFICATION
REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Valid Drivers License ability to be insured by company auto
- Must be able to pass DOT Physical (paid by company) EDUCATION
AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or general education degree
(GED) preferred; Three months or more related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read and interpret work orders and load lists.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
- Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment – Running,
maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized
equipment, such as forklifts, passenger vehicles, etc.
- Vision – Close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performing General Physical Activities – Performing physical
activities that require you to use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Must regularly lift and/or move 25 pounds, frequently lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift/or move up to 75
pounds or more. WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular exposure to all weather conditions, especially hot,
humid and/or rainy spring, summer and fall weather.
- Being exposed to uncomfortable or distracting sounds or noise
- Will be required to wear common protective or safety equipment,
such as safety shoes, glasses, and gloves, and hearing protection.
Keywords: Glass & Metals, Inc., Harrisonburg , Warehouse Associate & Material Delivery Driver, Hospitality & Tourism , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!