Restaurant Supervisor - Various Locations
Company: Snowshoe Mountain
Posted on: November 20, 2023
We are looking for people who are passionate about life and what
they do. People who love the mountain lifestyle and who want to be
at Snowshoe! We seek qualified candidates that exemplify our Core
Values of Performance, Integrity, Collaboration, Environment, and
most of all Fun!
Our goal at Snowshoe is to provide exceptional mountain experiences
for our guests, employees, and community. We do so by embracing
authenticity, celebrating our differences, and finding ways we can
all connect through our shared passion for the mountain. At
Snowshoe everyone is welcome, and we encourage you to be yourself.
Simply put, you belong up here and we can't wait to see you on the
Work, Play, Get Paid and Enjoy the Perks:
- Free skiing + riding privileges with direct to lift access at
14 iconic resorts including: Snowshoe Mountain, Stratton, Palisades
Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat and more!
- 401(k) plan (Available to any employee over the age of 18)
- 12 Discounted Friends and Family $25 Winter Lift Ticket
- 30% - 45% off Snowshoe food & beverage locations (excludes
- 30% off soft goods and 15% off hard goods at Snowshoe owned
- Pro Deals from some of the industries top brands such as
Smartwool, Smith, Dakine and North Face
Full Time - Seasonal
Join us for the Winter 23/24 season! Assist in bringing a little
spice to the mountain life here at Snowshoe Mountain as a
Restaurant Supervisor at one of our various dining locations.
Explore all Snowshoe has to offer, meet people from across the
globe, and enjoy the many Employee Perks you are enrolled in as a
team member (including a lift pass)! Employee Housing
RESORT OVERVIEW, CULTURE AND VISION
Snowshoe is the premier destination for Mid-Atlantic and Southeast
skiers, snowboarders and winter enthusiasts. We offer 257 acres of
skiable terrain, 1500 vertical feet, 57 trails and the best snow
around. Enjoy our world class events, cool mountain temperatures,
beautiful vistas and 11,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness.
Our organizational values describe our shared beliefs, the
principles important to our organization; how we want to treat each
other and our guests.
Integrity Performance Environment Fun Collaboration
- Maintains working format by assigning and directing work
- Addressing and resolving complaints achieves guest satisfaction
by ensuring quality service
- Assures the staff follows state and company rules and
regulations properly by maintaining all health code regulations and
employee handbook guide
- Maintains good rapport with staff by being helpful and
knowledgeable about the outlet and resort
- Ensures proper revenue at the end of the shift by completing
and balancing all reports and money
- Covers any position which may be absent on a shift by being
able to perform all duties such as: bartender, server or
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
This job description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job
tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and
position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- Experience: 3 to 6 months of supervisory experience
Any Alterra employee or volunteer who operates a company vehicle
including cars, trucks, snowcats, snowmobiles, or heavy equipment
is required to comply with the Alterra Driver's Standards Policy.
This policy also applies to employees or volunteers driving their
personal vehicles for company business more than four times per
month, averaging 30+ miles per trip. All drivers should receive a
full copy of the Alterra Driver's Standards Policy; if you have not
- please contact your Risk/Safety or HR/EE Department.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and
Food Service Environment:
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate
and controlled and the noise level in the work environment is
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8
hours in length at a time over an average shift of 8 hours.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and
talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and taste or
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds on a regular and
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving
mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including but not
limited to: non slip footwear and gloves.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions
An Equal Opportunity Employer Associated topics: assistant gm,
captain, executive producer, fire captain, gerente, manager, petty
officer, project manager, sergeant, supervisor
Keywords: Snowshoe Mountain, Harrisonburg , Restaurant Supervisor - Various Locations, Hospitality & Tourism , Durbin, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!