Server, Skyland Lodge
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: March 20, 2023
The Opportunity Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring
seasonal Servers to join our team at Skyland Lodge in Shenandoah
National Park, Virginia. As a Server, you will be the face of our
restaurant and play a critical role in providing excellent service
to our guests. Minimum pay rate: $8.50 / hour
Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at
We care about our team member's personal and professional
well-being. Delaware North provides a benefits package designed to
give you the comfort, safety, and security you need to deliver
exceptional experiences for our guests. All team members receive
benefits including: Please note this is a tipped position, the
hourly minimum pay listed doesn't include any potential tipped
- Weekly pay
- Employee assistance program
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Flexible work schedulesSome locations may implement a
vaccination requirement in the future if required by federal,
state, local law. Eligible team members may also receive: health,
dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid
vacation days and holidays, paid parental bonding leave, and
tuition and/or professional certification reimbursement.
- Greet guests, provides menus, clearly communicates restaurant
specials, answers questions about menu items, collects food and
beverage orders, serves items ordered, and attends to guests' needs
throughout their visit.
- Accurately enter orders into the point-of-sale system so that
kitchen staff can prepare food and bar staff can prepare drinks, as
- Serve alcoholic beverages responsibly, requests identification,
and adheres to all alcohol service policies and procedures.
- Prepare and deliver the check to guests at the table, accept
and process the payment.
- Collaborate with other restaurant servers and kitchen and bar
- Perform opening, closing, cleaning, and side work duties, as
- Ensure all equipment and workspaces are clean, sanitized,
organized, and working properly. Qualifications
- Experience in cash handling and credit card processing is
- At least one year's experience as a server in a high-volume
environment is preferred.
- Previous experience with a point-of-sale system in a service or
hospitality environment preferred. Physical Requirements
- Constant standing, walking, bending, reaching, and repetitive
- Ability to maneuver between tables and around corners.
- Ability to lift, balance and move large food trays, weighing up
to 35 pounds.
- Visual acuity and hearing sufficient to take orders and prepare
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds for set-up, service, and
- Ability to stand or walk for the entire length of shift; may
include walking up and down stairs. Who We Are Shenandoah National
Park offers over 200,000 acres of protected lands with lots to
explore including cascading waterfalls, spectacular vistas, and
quiet wooded hollows. It's a great place to hike, camp, bike, fish,
take photographs or go canoeing. We offer on-site housing and a
free meal during every shift. At Delaware North, you'll love where
you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's
in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic
hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your
career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in
a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you
have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our
vision and grow with us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and
its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin,
age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or
any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal
Keywords: Delaware North, Harrisonburg , Server, Skyland Lodge, Hospitality & Tourism , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...