Cook, Big Meadows Wayside
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: March 20, 2023
The Opportunity Delaware North Parks and Resorts is searching
for a seasonal Cook to join our team at Big Meadows Wayside in
Shenandoah National Park, Virginia.Minimum pay rate: $15.00 /
hourInformation on our comprehensive benefits package can be found
at .We care about our team member's personal and professional
well-being. Delaware North provides a benefits package designed to
give you the comfort, safety, and security you need to deliver
exceptional experiences for our guests. All team members receive
- Weekly pay
- Employee assistance program
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Flexible work schedulesEligible team members may also receive:
health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match,
paid vacation days and holidays, paid parental bonding leave, and
tuition and/or professional certification reimbursement. Some
locations may implement a vaccination requirement in the future if
required by federal, state, or local law. Responsibilities
- Follow supervisor's assignments for opening and closing
procedures, as well as food production.
- Prepare food and beverage products for customers by following
recipe guidelines, using proper preparation techniques, and
- Set up and operation of kitchen equipment.
- Clean equipment properly according to correct procedures.
- Keep workstation clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and management.
- Attentive and detailed oriented.
- Ability to read and understand recipes and food
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high level
of attention to detail.
- Ability to follow procedures and take directions; work as a
- Basic math skills, with the ability to calculate and follow
recipe measurements and proportions. Physical Requirements
- Able to stand for long periods of time including bending,
lifting, reaching, and stretching.
- Able to lift 20lbs or more.
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
- Exposed to variable temperatures. Who We Are Shenandoah
National Park offers over 200,000 acres of protected lands with
lots to explore including cascading waterfalls, spectacular vistas,
and quiet wooded hollows. It's a great place to hike, camp, bike,
fish, take photographs or go canoeing. We offer on-site housing and
a free meal during every shift. At Delaware North, you'll love
where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds.
Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks,
iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where
your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great
work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth.
If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen -
share our vision and grow with us.Delaware North Companies,
Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all
positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender,
national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual
orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North
is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Delaware North, Harrisonburg , Cook, Big Meadows Wayside, Hospitality & Tourism , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...