Retail Cashier, Loft Mountain
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: March 18, 2023
The Opportunity Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring
sesonal Retail Cashier to join our team for 2023 season at Loft
Mountain in Shenandoah National Park, Virginia. As a Retail
Cashier, you'll be responsible for providing excellent guest
service and managing all transactions accurately and
efficiently.Minimum pay rate: $12.15 / hour
Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at
We care about our team member's personal and professional
well-being. Delaware North provides a benefits package designed to
give you the comfort, safety, and security you need to deliver
exceptional experiences for our guests. All team members receive
- Weekly pay
- Employee assistance program
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Flexible work schedulesEligible team members may also receive:
health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match,
paid vacation days and holidays, paid parental bonding leave, and
tuition and/or professional certification reimbursement. Some
locations may implement a vaccination requirement in the future if
required by federal, state, or local law. Responsibilities
- Greets and acknowledges guests, answers their questions and
assists them whenever possible.
- Processes sale with appropriate point of sale system, accepts
payment, counts change and bags merchandise.
- Maintains records related to sales.
- Routinely stocks merchandise and faces items on shelves.
- Verifies amount of bank at beginning and the end of each
- Maintains a clean and organized store or stand.
- Maintains orderly back-stock and knows where goods are to be
- Completes all related close-out paperwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Previous experience in retail or customer service environment
- Good communication skills; ability to communicate with guests
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle money and count
- Capable of following job guidelines and supervisors'
instructions. Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to stand for entire length of shift.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs frequently.
- Bending, reaching, climbing on step stool.
- Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish merchandise and
operate point-of-sale system.
- Majority of time spent in indoor, climate-controlled
environment of retail store
- May also be exposed to partially sheltered outdoor environment
subject to climate fluctuations. Who We Are Shenandoah National
Park offers over 200,000 acres of protected lands with lots to
explore including cascading waterfalls, spectacular vistas, and
quiet wooded hollows. It's a great place to hike, camp, bike, fish,
take photographs or go canoeing. We offer on-site housing and a
free meal during every shift. At Delaware North, you'll love where
you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's
in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic
hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your
career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in
a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you
have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our
vision and grow with us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and
its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin,
age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or
any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal
Keywords: Delaware North, Harrisonburg , Retail Cashier, Loft Mountain, Hospitality & Tourism , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...