Cashier & Front End Services
Posted on: September 15, 2022
You play a major role in how our customers feel when they leave
the store. You might be the first, last, and sometimes only
associate a customer interacts with. That's why it's so important
to smile, greet, and thank every customer. You are an ambassador of
The pace can be intense, especially in the evenings, weekends, and
holiday seasons. There are times when you must juggle several tasks
in a short amount of time while helping customers: scan items,
explain a price, bag items properly, count cash back, and keep your
area clean--you get the idea!
It takes a special person who is positive, can multi-task and has a
passion for customer service and helping others.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Smile, greet, and thank customers with a positive attitude
* Stand for long periods of time while checking out customers
quickly and accurately
* Keep your area clean and presentable
* Answer customer questions and help them with their needs
* Be available to assist associates across the store as needed
Cart and Janitorial
* Ensure customers have a great first and last impression
* Gather carts from the parking lot
* Operate equipment to move carts from the parking lot to inside
* Clean restrooms, salesfloor, and parking lot as needed
* Have a positive attitude in all weather conditions.
* For a complete list of duties and responsibilities, please see
the actual job description.
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This
mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from
responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between.
As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping
the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of
other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of
customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every
day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We
believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and
the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That
means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique
styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions-
while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
* Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for
you & dependents
* Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life
insurance and more
* Associate discounts in-store and online
* Education assistance for Associate and dependents
* Parental Leave
* Pay during military service
* Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
* Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work
because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on
your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are
subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program
terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see
Frequently asked questions
* On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for
the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to
apply as our system saves some of your application information.
Please note that some positions require the completion of
assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those
would take additional time.
* Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please
make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit
* How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart
processes application information using an applicant tracking
system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to
authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high
security standards by Walmart.
* What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open
* Internet Explorer 8.0+
* Firefox 4.0+
* Safari 4.0+
* Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs
Keywords: Wal-Mart, Harrisonburg , Cashier & Front End Services, Hospitality & Tourism , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!