Phlebotomist/Collections Technician (Paid Phlebotomy Training)
Company: American Red Cross
Posted on: March 16, 2019
Job Description:Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is "yes", then we invite you to become a Collection Tech III for the American Red Cross!
From transporting and setting up blood collection equipment at work sites, to drawing blood from donors, as a Phlebotomist-Driver with the American Red Cross you will work all aspects of blood drives at schools, offices & churches. No experience necessaryour paid training is a mix of classroom instruction and field practice.
To learn more about this role, watch this short video: A life-saving mission. A life-changing career. Join us. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cldo1m5z-Ds
- Comply with applicable Federal, State and local regulations as well as all American Red Cross policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Perform whole blood collection procedures (allogeneic, autologous, directed, automated red cell) donor collections. Performs all types of donor health history screening and eligibility procedures.
- Conduct donor greeting, donor reaction care and processing and packing of blood as assigned.
- Perform daily function checks, assemble and maintain supplies and equipment to ensure a state of readiness and to maintain compliance.
- Function with team effort to ensure efficient donation process focused on donor and sponsor expectations. Maintain positive public relations to promote a professional image.
- May operate ARC vehicle. May transport supplies and equipment in a state of readiness and to ensure compliance. May operate assigned vehicle according to applicable regulations. Collections Staff that is hired with DOT driving responsibilities will perform vehicle checks and complete DOT paperwork per established protocol.
- Load, set up, maintain and tear down supplies and equipment in a state of readiness and to ensure compliance.
- Complete required readings and training assignments by assigned deadline.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff so classified.
May drive ARC vehicles throughout the blood region to collection sites, set-up and tear down and provide other related donor and operation support. Will have frequent external customer (donor and sponsor) contact.
Balance production, customer service and compliance on a day-to-day basis to ensure integrity of the product and optimum donor experience. As integral link between donors and ARCBS, portray a commitment to customer service by conveying and demonstrating a consistent style of professionalism.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Medical assistant or phlebotomy training preferred. Documented satisfactory performance as Collections Technician II or the equivalent experience is required. Customer service experience, effective verbal communication and public relations skills are required. A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required. Previous truck and/or bus driving experience is desirable. Collections Staff that is hired with DOT driving responsibilities will be required to pass DOT physical and related requirements and be able to posses or obtain a medical certification of at least one year duration. Basic computer skills desirable. Applicable local licensure if required by state directives.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements
The duties above indicate the essential functions of the position. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Physical requirements may include the ability to lift, push or pull heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs, good manual dexterity, the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and adapt to long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes is required.
Exposure levels are based on the essential functions as stated in this position description; however, in some instances, variances may occur due to the applicable nature of this position within a particular work site. Therefore the work site may determine the exposure level to be greater than or less than the below stated level.
This position is an exposure determination 1 in view of the fact that the position requires the incumbent work under conditions where the potential exists for the incumbent to make contact with blood or blood components as a result of splashes, spills, and/or needlesticks. Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
Keywords: American Red Cross, Harrisonburg , Phlebotomist/Collections Technician (Paid Phlebotomy Training), Healthcare , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!