CNA/DCA - AL (FT 10:45 p.m. - 7:15 a.m.)
Company: SUNNYSIDE PRESBYTERIAN HOME
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Description:The primary responsibilities of the Certified
Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.) include, but are not limited to,
assisting residents with Activities of Daily Living (ADL's);
bathing, dressing, toileting and dining; documenting resident care,
while always respecting and promoting each resident's rights and
always maintaining a clean and safe home-like environment.72 hours
per pay periodQualifications:
- Must have completed 80-hour certification courses in Geriatric
Nursing or is presently enrolled.
- Must have passed Virginia NACEP test after completion of
80-hour certification course.
- Must have current Nursing Assistant license through Virginia
Board of Nursing.
- Must have CPR and First Aid certification or ability to
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with confidential information and maintain its
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and
have good organizational skills.
- Ability to work in stressful environment and deal with medical
- Ability to process information accurately, make appropriate
decisions and take appropriate action based upon the information
- Strong customer service skills; maintain a hospitality approach
to engaging with all individuals.. Requirements:
- Communicate with staff at beginning and end of each shift to
relay vital information about the shift and any residents
- Anticipation of resident's needs to help prevent resident
- Hand hygiene and isolation precautions must be adhered to in
order to prevent transmission of organisms.
- Ensure that residents are covered during bathing process.
Provide tub bath, shower or bed bath regularly. Use poncho while
transporting in hallway. Provide foot and nail care with every
- Transfer, lift and turn residents using good body mechanics and
proper protocol. Assist residents to change positions according to
care plans. Report complaints of pain to nurse assigned to
- Use gentle handling to prevent skin tears, abrasions and
lacerations; if these occur or are observed, report to nurse
- Provide toileting needs according to individual resident needs.
Accurately record this information daily. Report changes in
resident elimination to nurse promptly.
- Encourage and allow residents to walk to and/or from meals,
bathroom activities, etc. given current ambulation orders.
- Give or supervise mouth care to each resident as assigned at
least once per shift.
- Answer resident call bells in a timely manner, responding to
calls bells within 3-6 minutes on a consistent basis.
- Give attention to resident's choices of what to wear, where to
eat, when to go to bed, etc.
- Observe residents for changes and/or problems and report them
immediately. Report all changes and/or problems to staff nurse
- Assist in keeping C.N.A. care plans current and accurate.
- Maintain resident rooms neat and uncluttered. Straighten
closets, bedside stand, dress, etc.
- Correct safety issues regarding resident-care environment or
equipment and complete maintenance or housekeeping requests as
appropriate to keep environment free of unnecessary risks. Correct
immediately or report them to supervisor.
- Prepare residents and transport them to beauty shop, physical
therapy, activities and for scheduled outside appointments as
needed. Have residents ready and to appointed places
- Record/report vital signs and pertinent information. Document
care given accurately. Report all abnormal temperature and blood
pressure results to staff nurse promptly. Record resident
information on mood/behavior forms, ADL flow sheets and daily care
- Serve residents trays; feed residents requiring assistance and
encourage residents as needed. Provide bib/cover-up if needed. If
feeding is required, complete in an unhurried manner and feed in
appropriate serving order. Serve trays within 15 minutes of arrival
- Operate patient care equipment such as, but not limited to,
electric and manual high/low hospital bed, wheelchair, mechanical
lifts, scales, thermometers, etc. in order to perform essential job
duties on a daily basis.
- Take direction from staff nurse and ensure
assignments/instructions are understood and carried out.
- Utilize time to best advantage to meet job requirements and
- Complete items on "to do" sheets and return list to staff nurse
prior to end of scheduled shift. Advise staff nurse well in advance
of shift end if items will not be able to be completed.
Keywords: SUNNYSIDE PRESBYTERIAN HOME, Harrisonburg , CNA/DCA - AL (FT 10:45 p.m. - 7:15 a.m.), Healthcare , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!