Project Manager, PMO
Company: Rosetta Stone
Posted on: November 5, 2019
We have an exciting once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for an
ambitious, energetic Project Manager (PM) to make a difference and
shape the line of business in a global organization. The Project
Manager (PM) will be a member of the Program Management Office
The position is full-time and can be based in our Arlington, VA or
Harrisonburg, VA offices.
The Project Manager will report to the PMO Director and will be
- Sales and Marketing for consumer and B2B verticals
- Web, CRM, ERP and Reporting platforms
- International markets
The PM's responsibility is to ensure projects are delivered on
time, within budget, while meeting or exceeding stakeholder
expectations. The PM also assists in the development of the PMO
office by developing and enforcing PMO policies and procedures. We
are looking for experienced professionals with the ability to
successfully drive projects to completion while managing the right
balance of process without over-burdening the entrepreneurial
spirit of the company.
This position will require time in both our Harrisonburg and
Arlington, VA, offices.
About the Role
- Driving program and project definition with multiple iterations
until projects support the business case and desired outcomes
- Managing all aspects of multiple cross-functional projects from
concept through delivery
- Leading projects and teams in a transparent and productive way,
by applying project management best practices
- Build and own the project plan by identifying matrixed team
members' work estimates, dependencies, and delivery dates & merging
into a comprehensive work plan. Monitor and control the plan and
own escalation of deviations from it. Manage to resolution.
- Developing and adapting project communication styles/plans to
fit varying needs across initiatives
- Communicate formally and informally through existing or new
forums to stakeholders at all
- levels, including senior management
- Provide thought leadership to further develop and maintain PMO
processes, templates, and
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to professional growth in
program/project management and other key areas.
- Initiative: Reporting to the Director of Project Management,
you will need to bring an innovative approach to solving complex
matters. You will take initiative to partner with stakeholders from
across the organization to determine project needs & manage to
- Accountability: You will be responsible for building and
maintaining project plans, proactively managing cross-functional
teams and driving them to achieve project objectives. You will
provide project reporting to all levels of the organization on a
- Adaptability: You are excellent at learning on the fly and
comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment. Whether you
are working on a strategic business initiative, negotiating with
potential partners or providing insight and information to our
executive team, you are rarely flustered, always professional and
polished in your approach.
- Collaboration: You will be comfortable working with a wide
variety of departments and personalities. You will be working with
teams that have widely varying internal processes and will have the
ability to pull these processes together into a comprehensive
- 6+ years of relevant experience working in the technology
project management field.
- Experience working across multiple agile scrum teams to pull
together the comprehensive project plan
- Experience working in Smartsheet, Confluence, JIRA, Google
tools, MS Office suite.
- Mobile, Web, eCommerce, ERP project experience preferred.
- Experienced at partnering with Business Leaders to develop
- PMP certification preferred, but not required.
At Rosetta Stone we speak, learn, and interact differently, we
embrace and thrive on these differences! We deeply benefit from the
diversity that each individual has to offer. We are dedicated to
fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and
experiences. Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any
other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Rosetta Stone, Harrisonburg , Project Manager, PMO, Executive , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!