Company: ATSC, PLC
Posted on: November 21, 2022
ATCS is growing! We are looking for a Construction Manager to
support our Harrisonburg, VA office location. This person will,
ideally, be local to Harrisonburg/Staunton area providing
construction management services for transportation projects and
personnel in Virginia's Staunton and Culpeper Districts.
The Construction Manager will manage one or more construction
projects/contracts to ensure the contractors compliance with the
plans and contract documents, manage and supervise project
personnel, inspection activities, materials quality control and
quality assurance testing, project documentation, project budget
and schedule, and contract administration responsibilities.
- Ensure the successful delivery of assigned CSD contracts in
western Virginia (VDOT Staunton/Culpeper Districts) including
client satisfaction, quality management, training, reporting,
budget tracking and special project services.
- Assist in management and oversight of all inspection employees
and contracts in western Virginia.
- Assist in recruitment and hiring of inspection staff for
projects and contracts.
- Maintain regular contact with construction inspection field
- Ensure that construction field staff needs are met training,
equipment, references and information, etc.
- Spend time communicating company goals, objectives and
expectations to each employee.
- Look to encourage employees to expand their roles and
responsibilities so they can be crossed trained and ready for
higher promotional opportunities.
- Plan and arrange events, talks, activities and other actions to
promote staff retention and engagement.
- Provide regular updates to the Director of Construction
Services and Operations Manager(s).
- Serve as a select Project Manager or Task Manager and manage
staff on these select projects. Serve as a Project Assigned and Key
Role Construction Manager or Assigned Staff on project-specific
- Assist as needed with business development for contract
- Support other Transportation Leads within ATCS as requested by
Management to include survey, design, traffic engineering planning,
utilities, land development, emergency management services and
- Conduct constructability and biddability reviews, and cost and
- Interpret roadway and bridge plans, specifications, and
- Prepare technical, financial, administrative, and explanatory
- Prefer the Construction Manager to hold a Certified
Construction Manager (CCM) or Construction Manager in Training
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the management of
transportation construction projects, including considerable
- Roadway, structure and bridge, traffic engineering, and other
highway related construction methods, procedures, practices, plans,
specifications, and contracts
- Most recent editions of VDOT Road and Bridge Specifications,
Road and Bridge Standards, Construction Manual (including
Supplemental Specifications), Inspector Manual, Virginia Supplement
to the Manual for Uniform Traffic Control Devices, the Virginia
Work Area Protection Manual, and other documents referenced
- Materials used and performance, environmental, legal, and
safety responsibilities related to construction of transportation
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to recruit, hire, and retain construction inspection
- Use of survey, nuclear density, materials, and other field
Functional computer usage including familiarity with Google,
Primavera, and Microsoft Office suite software.
ATCS, PLC is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran
status, or genetic information. ATCS, PLC is committed to providing
access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for
individuals with disabilities in employment, its services,
programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation,
contact Caitlin Crockett, MBA, SPHR at
Keywords: ATSC, PLC, Harrisonburg , Construction Manager, Executive , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!