Company: Artisan Packaging LLC
Posted on: November 19, 2022
*Business Title: *
*Salary Grade: *
*ADP Job Title: *
*Reports To: Plant Manager*
*FLSA Status: *
*Supervisory Responsibility: *
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
The Materials Manger is responsible for overseeing and managing the
companies overall supply chain and logistics strategy to maximize
process efficiency and productivity. Coordinate production,
purchasing, warehousing, distribution and material forecasting
services and activities to limit costs and improve accuracy and
safety. In addition, this position plays a crucial role in
developing and maintaining good relationships with the Commercial
Team, vendors and distributors.
Understands, follows, and enforces all established safety, health,
quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized
* Lead a team of direct reports and cross functional team members
to create a strategy for surety of supply of materials, products
* Monitor forecast to identify changes or to determine their effect
on supply chain activities.
* Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or
evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost or
* Analyze inventories to determine how to improve fill rates,
increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer
* Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management
with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance,
production, or quality assurance.
* Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight
* Meet with suppliers to establish performance metrics, to provide
performance feedback, and to discuss production forecasts and
* Implement new and improved supply chain processes,
* Design or implement supply chains that support business
strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business
opportunities, and cost reduction.
* Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing,
material requirements planning (MRP), inventory control,
warehousing, and receiving.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required.
* Background in scheduling, forecasting, procurement, and
* Strong analytical abilities.
* Knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting
processes in sales, marketing operations, finance, manufacturing,
and supply chain issues.
* Experience using ERP statistical software packages
* Good communication and Team building skills
* Detail oriented
* Extensive spreadsheet analysis and strong mathematical
* Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a Supply Chain related field
Warehousing and/or Optimization).
* Experience with DRP/MRP functionality, experience transitioning
from manual processes/spreadsheets to MRP
* Knowledge of key inventory performance drivers and metrics,
turns, margin contributions, etc.
* Ability to lead cross-functionally.
* Collaborative skills in resolving long and short positions in
* Experience in managing end of life cycle and absolute
* Project and Lean Management experience/skills are needed.
*Education and/or Work Experience: *
* BS/BA Degree is required (Supply Chain/Operations, Engineering,
or Business management preferred). Or equivalent experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* On call
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Harrisonburg, VA 22802: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Manufacturing: 5 years (Required)
* Procurement: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Artisan Packaging LLC, Harrisonburg , Materials Manager, Executive , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!