Posted on: September 22, 2022
DRiV Motorparts is a world leader in the international automotive
aftermarket built from the combined strengths of Tenneco,
Federal-Mogul and hlins with 31 of the best known and respected
aftermarket brands, including 14 brands 100 years or older. Our
colleagues throughout 25 countries around the world work as one
team, driving advancements that help our customers get the most
from every vehicle, every ride, every race and every journey.
We are seeking an Operations Manager. The Operations Manager plans,
directs, and coordinates all aspects of manufacturing processes in
accordance with company objectives and operating budgets to satisfy
safety, quality, cost, and delivery requirements.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are
the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent
Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will
be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves
on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of
transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Develops and maintains a safe and effective organization
through the selection, training, compensation, and motivation of
- Directs the Focused Factory Managers in the preparation and
implementation of operating plans and strategies consistent with
- Develops plans to use the facilities, equipment, and personnel
to meet current and future manufacturing requirements including
department budgets and guidelines, plant layout and improvements,
and capital expenditure programs.
- Evaluates, develops, and implements processes to improve
manufacturing performance, structured know-how, and costs.
- Manages the production reporting system for the specified area
to ensure accurate information for inventory and manufacturing cost
- Utilizes BOS to develop and execute systems and processes that
meet and / or exceed plant goals for safety, quality, cost,
production, and material control
- Drives continuous improvement plans and strategies consistent
with business objectives(reduced conversion cost) to help meet or
exceed the agreed to AOP.
- Recommends proper use of machines, tools, and equipment.
- Appraises technological developments, investigating feasibility
of new equipment and techniques.
- Prepares dependable cost estimates for changes in manufacturing
- Develops and / or evaluates programs designed to improve the
- Directs compliance, for areas of responsibility, with ISO /
TS16949, ISO-14001, and federal, state, and local regulatory
- Maintains proper shop disciplines and procedures, ensuring
timely and accurate data input and manufacturing cost
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with the
customers, corporate support functions (sales, engineering, program
management, purchasing) employees, and departments that support the
- Manages new product launches, continuous improvement projects,
and changes in manufacturing methods by evaluating technological
developments, investigating feasibility of new equipment and
techniques, and providing dependable cost estimates.
- Provides, implements, and administers timely quality assurance
and engineering control functions to ensure product reliability and
conformance to customer and federal specifications in the most
effective and economical manner possible.
- Manages the applicable departments with the appropriate
communication of goals, performance feedback, and rewards and
recognition to provide optimum employee relations.
- Properly supports or participates in all EH&S activities
programs, initiatives, and functions
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in related field.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of experience in Manufacturing management, including
experience as a Focused Factory Manager(Value Stream Manager), in a
high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Must be willing to manage team members as well as production
- Ability to work off shifts and weekends, when necessary.
- Experience developing subordinates and prepare them for
promotion or to take on additional diversified
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System
- Experience with the use of SAP.
- Knowledge of ISO and TS Quality Management Systems.
- Strategic leadership with ability to predict and maintain
- Demonstrated use of Lean and 80/20 principles for problem
solving and simplification activities.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Keywords: Tenneco, Harrisonburg , Operations Manager, Executive , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!