Company: Tenneco Inc.
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Job DescriptionTenneco's Motorparts (DRiV) is a world leader in
the international automotive aftermarket built from the combined
strengths of Tenneco, Federal-Mogul and --hlins with 31 of the best
known and respected aftermarket brands, including 14 brands 100
years or older. Our colleagues throughout 25 countries around the
world work as one team, driving advancements that help our
customers get the most from every vehicle, every ride, every race
and every journey.
We are looking for a Materials Manager. Responsible for the overall
materials function and leading the efforts of Production Control,
Shipping, Receiving, Warehouse Management and Inventory Control; to
ensure an orderly and cost-effective system is developed and
maintained which will enable production and sales goals to be met
while minimizing freight dollars and inventory days on hand. Main
objectives are to (1) Ensure on-time delivery of customer orders;
(2) Optimize personnel, equipment, freight and inventories; (3)
Acquire materials on-time; (4) Anticipate and resolve problems with
short-term containment and permanent corrective action.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are
the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent
Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will
be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves
on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of
transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Select, motivate, train and ensure development of a competent
departmental and material handling staff.
- Monitor and ensure departmental personnel conform to company
policies and procedures while maintaining a safe and cost-efficient
environment at all time.
- Be familiar with and ethically operate in accordance with
applicable laws, regulations, and governmental procedures relative
to purchasing and financial reporting activities.
- Establish, monitor and control department budget that will
effectively contribute to the overall manufacturing objectives and
plant / business unit and company goals.
- Employ techniques / methods for effective problem solving and
- Implement purchasing, production scheduling, logistics and
inventory control processes which ensures the availability of
materials for an uninterrupted flow of production in accordance
with "Just-In-Time" delivery schedules, while maintaining minimum
- Assist with the development of inventory and freight budgets
for the purpose of establishing acceptable inventory levels and
freight spend upon which performance can be measured and operating
- Manage the most economical inbound / outbound transportation
routes, looking for opportunities to combine shipments, milk runs,
and warehouse consolidation and distribution.
- Assist with coordination of engineering changes, product
balance outs and new product launches with suppliers and customers,
to insure orderly and timely transition in the flow of materials
and production requirements while managing material with minimal to
- Utilize Supplier Standards Manual and State of Work to improve
the capability of suppliers while maintaining the flow of raw
materials necessary to produce the finished product.
- Assists Plant Engineering and Plant Quality as required in
resolving the disposition of substandard or rejected
- Responsible for the warehouse and material replenishment to
production and establishing optimum stores locations, methods for
handling (conveyance), proximity, and visual management.
- Determine and maintain appropriate material handling equipment
and staffing levels required to load, unload, move and store
materials.Required ExperienceEducation: Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) or
equivalent in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering or
Manufacturing OperationsSkills & Experience:
- 8 to 10 years of applicable materials management experience; 5
to 7 years of formal management / leadership experience
- Automotive Manufacturing experience / JIT Assembly / Processing
(stamping, steel forming)
- ASCM / APICS (American Production and Inventory Control
Society) CPIM certification
- Aftermarket / Sales, Inventory, Operations Planning
- Applied lean manufacturing techniques including value stream
mapping, leveling demand, Kanban calculations and techniques
- Experience with supply chain analytics and visibility
- Applied logistics routing solutions including milk runs,
consolidation, and running ratios
- Materials / Supply Chain Transformation experience
- Trained in Six Sigma methodology
- Experience with ERP SAP technologyAn Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran
status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of
Keywords: Tenneco Inc., Harrisonburg , Materials Manager, Executive , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!