Posted on: November 19, 2022
Tenneco's Motorparts (DRiV) is a world leader in the
international automotive aftermarket built from the combined
strengths of Tenneco, Federal-Mogul and --hlins with 31 of the best
known and respected aftermarket brands, including 14 brands 100
years or older. Our colleagues throughout 25 countries around the
world work as one team, driving advancements that help our
customers get the most from every vehicle, every ride, every race
and every journey.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer. This position will
provide support to all areas (Engineering - advanced, program, or
development; Manufacturing; Commercial; Quality; etc.) where
manufacturing technology expertise is required, including launch
support, welding, robotics, and customer initiatives.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are
the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent
Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will
be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves
on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of
transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Support the design, specification, installation, startup and
validation of process control systems, electrical systems and
instrumentation for capital and upgrade projects. Ensure site
specifications are met and that good engineering practices are
followed. Coordinate with other engineers, project managers, and
suppliers to assure a complete and timely design and
- Maintaincontrol over systems by assuring maintenance of system
- Coordinate with Operations to identify requirements for process
controls, develop control strategies and implement.
- Research new technologies and procedures relative to automation
and controls that could be utilized to improve the business and
- Analyze, compare and select equipment best suited for various
- Troubleshoot control and instrumentation systems to resolve
complex equipment issues.
- Provide engineering expertise and technical guidance to
maintenance to perform repairs, design changes, or other
corrections as a result of troubleshooting or performance
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve equipment and
- Provide training and technical supervision to instrumentation
and electrical personnel for automation control systems.
- Develop preventative maintenance and additional procedures in
support of systems and instruments installed.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field.
Skills & Experience:
- 2 years Engineering Experience in Manufacturing.
- Experience working with hydraulics, pneumatics, and/or
- Experience with welding is preferable.
- Experience with CNC machining, automation, robotics, design,
packaging, and/or Welding.
- Working knowledge of autocad, solidwork, CREO, or related
- Experience in an automotive manufacturing facility
- Experience working with PLCs, HMI, and relay logic.
- Extensive experience in tool/fixture and manufacturing process
development with knowledge of CAD or FEA and functional expertise
in application of GD&T.
- Process/application knowledge of processes currently utilized
in Manufacturing is required. (i.e. welding, stamping, tubing,
Nearest Major Market: Harrisonburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia
Keywords: Tenneco, Harrisonburg , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!