Company: Patterson Companies
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Patterson isn't just a place to work, it's a partner that cares
about your success. One of the distinguishing marks of our company
is the talented people who embrace the people-first, always
advancing, and results-driven culture. Professional growth abounds
in this motivating environment. We value the diverse talents and
experiences our employees bring to Patterson and believe that they
build a stronger and successful organization. Job Summary Who are
we looking for as a Service Technician? Patterson Dental is looking
for an independent worker who is interested in the field of
bio-medical (dental) device and equipment repair. Service
Technician Overview: As a Service Technician, you provide repair
and installation on a variety of dental equipment and products
including networking, computers and software in a Windows
environment. The Service Technician learns and follows manufacturer
guidelines relative to the repair of devices. Training is supplied
by mentorship program with other branch technicians, manufacturers,
online training courses and the Patterson Technology Center. Click
here to see what a day in the life of a Service Technician at
Patterson looks like! Why join Patterson? Patterson Companies is an
industry-leading specialty distributor serving the dental and
veterinary supply markets. Driven to meet the needs of healthcare
professionals in these growing markets, Patterson provides a
total-package approach to doing business. Our customers benefit
from a diverse platform of products and services, as well as the
convenience and peace of mind that come with relying on one trusted
partner for everything they need. Essential Functions
- Determining parts, supplies or tools needed to complete service
requests and using, maintaining, and securing test devices and
tools used to adjust, calibrate and repair equipment.
- Managing vehicle inventory and restocking as necessary.
- Ensuring proper vehicle maintenance guidelines and safe driving
habits are followed. - Repairing equipment to meet manufacturer's
specifications as well as all company, OSHA or other agencies'
policies related to asepsis.
- Providing technical support after initial installation of
equipment, PC software and hardware and ensuring that service
commitments are met within standard response time.
- Other duties as related to the Service Technician position. Job
Qualifications What background and experience is needed as a
Service Technician? The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of a
High School Diploma or equivalent.
- General mechanical aptitude with prior experience in the areas
of carpentry, plumbing, heating, electricity, and/or electronics is
- Competencies in the areas of customer service, organization,
problem-solving, and interpersonal and communication skills are
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record is
- Technical training in the bio-medical or electronics field is
- General computer proficiency, including knowledge of
Windows-based programs and experience with peripherals such as
printers, backups, scanners and modems is strongly preferred.
- What physical capabilities are required? You must be able to
lift up to 100 pounds. We provide competitive benefits, unique
incentive programs and rewards for our eligible employees:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Patterson Perks Program. EEO Statement As a people-first
company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates
diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees' unique
experiences and differences is what strengthens us and drives our
success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to
race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. We are
Patterson. We welcome you.
Keywords: Patterson Companies, Harrisonburg , Service Technician, Engineering , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!