Senior Compliance Auditor
Company: Sentara Healthcare
Posted on: March 9, 2019
Overview:Sentara Healthcare is hiring a full time Senior Compliance Auditor. Position is can be based in Norfolk, Fort Norfolk, or Harrisonburg.Position Overview
- Travel to Sentara's extended sites outside of Hampton Roads required.
- Analyze compliance and internal process risks for all Sentara Divisions.
- Assist the Compliance department in risk analysis, planning, auditing and program development for compliance activities throughout Sentara.
- Participate in compliance and fraud investigations.
- Provide consultation and education for Sentara staff impacted by compliance activities.
- Acts as a resource for compliance, coding, charge capture and third party reimbursement regulations and rules.
- Management of multiple projects and supervision of audit projects for staff.Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, HIM, Health Administration or similar degree
- Accounting/Auditing - 5 years
- Medical Coding - 1 year preferred
- Healthcare - 1 year
- Risk Planning - 1 year
- Risk Planning/Compliance - 2 years
- Healthcare Billing - 2 years
- Cert Coding Specialist OR Cert Professional Coder OR Certified Outpatient CoderSentara OverviewFor more than a decade, Modern Healthcare magazine has ranked Sentara as one of the nation's top integrated healthcare systems. Our not-for-profit system proudly includes advanced imaging centers, nursing and assisted-living centers, outpatient campuses, physical therapy and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice agency, a 3,800-provider medical staff and four medical groups. In addition, we provide medical transport ambulances and Nightingale air ambulance, and we extend health insurance to 445,000 people through Optima Health, our award-winning health plan. Sentara BenefitsAs the third largest employer in Virginia, Sentara Healthcare was named by Forbes Magazine as one of America's best large employers. We offer a variety of amenities to our employees, including, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Annual Leave, Sick Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement funds with matching contribution
- Supplemental insurance policies, including legal, Life Insurance and AD&D among others
- Work Perks program including discounted movie and theme park tickets among other great deals
- Opportunities for further advancement within our organizationSentara employees strive to make our communities healthier places to live. We're setting the standard for medical excellence within a vibrant, creative, and highly productive workplace. For information about our employee benefits, please visit: Join our team! We are committed to quality healthcare, improving health every day, and provide the opportunity for training, development and growth!
OtherTravel to Sentara's extended sites outside of Hampton Roads required. Healthcare and Clinical Experience preferred. Required to manage multiple projects simultaneously and supervise audit projects for the staff. Bachelor's level degree in Business Administration, HIM, Health Administration or similar degree. 2-5 years experience required in Healthcare Billing/Revenue Cycle. 2-5 years experience required in Risk Planning/Compliance. 1 year knowledge of coding and billing rules required. AAPC/ AHIMA Coding certification CPC, CPC-H, CCS, CCS-P or RHIT required Healthcare Compliance Certificate (CHC), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferredResponsibilities:Analyze compliance and internal process risks for all Sentara Divisions. Assist the Compliance department in risk analysis, planning, auditing and program development for compliance activities throughout Sentara. Participate in compliance and fraud investigations. Provide consultation and education for Sentara staff impacted by compliance activities. Acts as a resource for compliance, coding, charge capture and third party reimbursement regulations and rules.Qualifications:Education LevelBachelor's Level DegreeExperienceRequired: Accounting/Auditing - 5 years, Healthcare - 1 year, Risk Planning - 1 yearPreferred: Coding - 1 year, Healthcare Law - Previous experienceLicenseRequired: Cert Coding Specialist, Cert Professional Coder, Certified Outpatient CoderPreferred: Certified Internal Auditor, Healthcare Compliance Cert, Reg Health Information TechSkillsRequired: Preferred: None, unless noted in the "Other" section below
Keywords: Sentara Healthcare, Harrisonburg , Senior Compliance Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!