Internal Auditor I - IT
Company: Stifel Financial Corp.
Posted on: September 19, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe IT Auditor, under supervision of IT Seniors and
Directors, performs audits for Stifel locations and auditable
entities (domestic and international) to ensure the adequacy of IT
controls, information security, integrity of IT assets, and
compliance with corporate and legal requirements. Responsible for
verifying compliance with IT policies, standards, systems
development methodology and other applicable industry accepted
computing practices.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the planning and scoping of scheduled audits
- Assist with the development of risk-based audits
- Perform risk assessments and pre-implementation reviews to
determine security, operational, and compliance risks and
- Document audit findings and work performed; following up on
past findings for timely and adequate remediation
- Partners with the Business Auditors to assist with the approach
of testing other IT dependent controls.
- Identify, understand, and document processes and procedures
surrounding IT internal controls.
- Prepare audit work papers according to established department
guidelines and professional standards.
- Responsible for technology and business process assessments,
risk identification, use of technology solutions to facilitate the
review of controls and formulation of clear recommendations for
- Assess the reliability and integrity of IT and operating
information and the means used to identify, measure, classify, and
report such information.
- Report audit results to senior members of the audit group and
the Director and recommend changes in or improvements to IT
- Evaluate the means by which management implements remedial
actions where existing processes are determined to be
- Experience in auditing applications, interfaces, system
infrastructure, information processing and general IT
- General working knowledge of standard concepts and practices of
internal auditing, particularly the Institute of Internal Auditor
(IIA)'s Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal
Auditing and the Information Systems Audit and Control
Association's Standards for Information Systems Auditing
- General understanding of leading risk and controls frameworks
and standards such as COSO, COBIT, ITIL, NIST, etc.EDUCATION AND
- Minimum Required: Bachelor's Degree in Management Information
Systems/Information Technology, Computer Science, or related
- Related experience preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Keywords: Stifel Financial Corp., Harrisonburg , Internal Auditor I - IT, Accounting, Auditing , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!